What I've Been Reading... July

12:10:00

Hey guys,
Again, I’m so sorry I haven’t posted yet in July. I’ve not even been that busy, I’ve just lost my blogging rhythm.

Now, considering I am a massive bookworm, I can’t believe I have yet to do a book post. So here it is.

Although it is only the start of July I have already read quite a few books, so today I thought I would do a ‘What I’ve been reading’ post. I will try and post one of these monthly but you all know how bad I am when I try to do a series! 

(Also, the reason I haven’t got my own pictures of the books is because I have been reading them on my kindle)


The first book I read this month is ‘Don’t Even Think About it’ by Sarah Mlynowski.


The description for this book is ‘This is the story of how we became freaks. It's how a group of I's became a we. When Class 10B got their flu shots, they expected some side effects. Maybe a sore arm. Maybe a headache. They definitely didn't expect to get telepathy.’

I read this book in one day...

I thoroughly enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a light read. The book is written in the perspective of all the teens who got telepathy. It is written as ‘we’ instead of ‘I’ and I really like this idea. I was instantly sucked into the world of these teens and I couldn’t put my kindle down!

I then went on to read the first two books in Lauren Oliver’s ‘Delirium series’.


The description for the first book is ‘They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.' 

I had previously read her book ‘Panic’ and I really enjoyed that so I had some high hopes for this book. I was not disappointed. I am just under halfway through the second book in the trilogy ‘Pandemonium’ and I am very much enjoying that one too. These books are really gripping and there are some moments that make your heart race, which make it even harder to put down. A lot of people will probably be thinking that it is just another `Hunger Games’, a trilogy about a group of teenagers set in a dystopian future but, in my opinion, it’s not.

I would also definitely recommend this series as well as any other books by Lauren Oliver.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you would like more book posts and I’ll get round to those!

Lucy xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. these books sound like the perfect books to read on my way to work and back.

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if you like the sound of them I'd definitely recommend it! Let me know how you get on with them! :)
      Lucy xx

      Delete