Pitch Black - Part 11

16:25:00

Hi guys,

I'm sorry there was no Pitch Black instalment last weekend, I had a spot of writers block but I am back on track this weekend. Hope you enjoy it! This was meant to go up yesterday but I managed to lose everything I'd written... 

I feel the tears escaping my eyelids and I let the defeat engulf me. The tears turn into a thunderstorm, taking over my entire face. I curl up into a ball and let my salty water wash over me. A familiar set of arms wrap around me and pull me up to sit, a red flannel shirt falling over my face. Not once losing his hold Sam squeezes me and holds me together and in that moment I felt like I was finally being rebuilt, like all my pieces fit together again. No longer a humpty dumpty, shattered beyond repair. “Thank you” I mumble, hoping my vocal chords still work. I look up at Sam to see his face is no longer full of sadness but full of hope. I breathe in to try and stop the tsunami escaping my eyes, fractured breaths, shallow and loose.  It’s not working, I look up at Sam who nods, without me even needing to ask, and I let my face collapse into his chest, a whole new wave of sadness and anger washes over me, the tsunami cannot be stopped, only embraced.

I don’t know how long we sit there, me sobbing into Sam’s chest, Sam stroking my hair, but eventually he takes his hands off my back and signs ‘shall we go and see what’s going on’ I nod, not sure if I do want to I take his hand and stand up, feeling like bambi I begin to walk over to my parents, their faces pools of worry, after finding out their daughter was okay, they had to go and find out about the house, it doesn’t look good.

 With every step I take my breathing feels more laboured, my stomach begins to somersault and my legs turn into jelly. ‘I need to sit’ I try to stammer, slowly lowering myself to the ground. I feel weak, sick and I can’t breathe. Looking up at Sam I notice his face is the picture of scared. His mouth opens and a nurse who was with the fire fighters runs over, it feels like the world is in slow motion. The nurse starts talking to me and I look up at Sam, who quickly whispers something in the nurse’s ear. The nurse goes bright red and talks to Sam. ‘She thinks you’re having a panic attack’ he signs ‘you’ll be okay, they never last more than 20 minutes. You need to concentrate on your breathing’ he continues, ‘breathe in for four seconds, hold it for two seconds and breathe out for four seconds. Concentrate on thinking about the word calm.’ Sam blushes before adding ‘she thinks I’m your boyfriend, and a very good one!’ I muster a smile and begin to concentrate on my breath.

In 1 2 3 4
Hold 5 6
Out 7 8 9 10

In 1 2 3 4
Hold 5 6
Out 7 8 9 10

In 1 2 3 4
Hold 5 6
Out 7 8 9 10

In 1 2 3 4
Hold 5 6
Out 7 8 9 10

I slowly feel my heart begin to get back to normal and my body become stronger again. 


Hope you enjoyed it, let me know what you think! 
xoxo


You Might Also Like

0 comments